Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My jaguar says restricted performance every morning when I

Customer Question

Hey my jaguar says restricted performance every morning when I start it up..but it stops once the car is hot enough to drive
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
First I recommend we check the battery and cable connections as low voltage can be the cause. If all is clean and secure then we will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A vacuum leak can also be the cause. A Jag factory tool will be needed but we can try a generic OBD II scan tool to see if there are any stored faults. In the mean time also check the air intake tubes and hoses. Let me know. Also provide the year and model. Thanks.