Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 97 XK8 starts up then dies starts up sometimes stay

Customer Question

My 97 XK8 starts up then dies starts up sometimes stay running then dies over and over one time it actually start enough for me to go around the block then died right before I made it back to the house what could this be
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well you can smell gas after starting in a while from I guess exhaust.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I know the fuel pump is working I hear it working and it works until after it turns off then the fuel pump turns off it's brand new fuel pump brand new fuel filter
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
When the engine is running does it run rough at all? Any warning lights or messages on?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sometimes it idles perfect sometimes right before dies it starts shaking the throttle position sensor is not adjusted right spark plugs are new I know all the calls on the driver's side or all good they've been tested I haven't tested the passenger side but all new spark plugs new fuel pump new filter I know the gas is working
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
OK thanks. Any fault warning lights or messages on?