rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I'm ***** ***** 2004 Jaguar driver seat just stopped of

Customer Question

I'm ***** ***** 2004 Jaguar driver seat just stopped of course the seat was way back so I'm driving with a pillow behind me...I had the fuses checked and they are fine...????????????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: other than I can't move the
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Check the seat motor for power and ground. If it's there, then you need a new seat motor. Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
we've checked all fuses. all good. what does check the motor for power and ground mean? I already told u there is no power
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Check the motor for power going to it. If the motor has power and is grounded good,then the motor is bad.

Thanks again, Ron