Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

How to clear a air suspension fault on a jaguar xj8 2006

Customer Question

how to clear a air suspension fault on a jaguar xj8 2006
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Is the vehicle sitting low?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the front
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Ok this problem could be caused by a few different issues. We may have a slow leak from one of the shocks, a weak compressor or problem with a height sensor. Unfortunately there really is no way to clear the warning. A Jag factory tool will be needed to red the stored faults. What we can do i start the vehicle and listen for the compressor to come on which is located behind the driver front corner of the bumper. Then listen to the wheel weel and listen for any air or hissing noise. Let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know the faults had to be cleared by a dealer, I called you to see if you knew another way to clear the faults, so unfortunately you wasn't no of the shocks did had a slow leak , but I replace ,the compressor is running.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately no othr way to clear it. Disconnecting the battery can clear the warning temporarily. The leak may have damaged the compressor.