Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

Check warning light is on. came on while car was aux mode.

Customer Question

check warning light is on. came on while car was aux mode. that is engine not on but radio lights wipers on with deforst
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car seems to run fine but light stays on when started.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can yes
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: no all else good 53000 miles on it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Doc. Jaguar replied 7 months ago.

What year is the Jag? With all that running with no alternator charging the system its most likely low voltage codes and will clear over time.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the Jag is 2009 XF . THE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR AWHILE. BUT I DO NOT DRIVE IT MUCH. JUST ON THE WEEKENDS MAINLY. Some said it could be a engine cooling issue.Here is how the light came on.
had driven about 60 miles parked for the better part of the day about 6 hours. When I came out to the car started the car but was not ready to go so turn of engine and left wipers on sensor mode no lights just the heating and cooling system on auto mode. the engine light came on after starting. the car drove home fine about 60 miles with no issues.

I still think its related to low voltage. when was the battery replaced last? XFs are really sencitive to low battey voltage. Normal life with a good battery (interstate) three years.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did get a message that said turn off radio due low battery . this occur while it was very cold out outside
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I brought the car use last April so I do not know if the battery was replaced before I purchased it.... but I have not replaced it.

Replace it, Drive it, and Love it......Its a Jaguar

The light will remain on untell you complete a full drive cycle.