Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Have 1995 jag. xjs and am hearing a gh whistle when

Customer Question

hi..have 1995 jag. xjs and am hearing a high whistle when disengaging (with some effort) gear lever from park to drive. is this as issue to be concerned with? name is ***** ***** (really!)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: gear lever require much effort to disengage from park position. I must push hard on the brake and then there is a loud whistle sound before it releases.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Doc. Jaguar replied 8 months ago.

It sounds to me you have two problems. One is a leaking brake booster which is a safty issue. Second is a fulty brake switch. My best advise would be towing it to a Jaguar repair shop or the dealer.

Sorry.