Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I park my 1999 xk8 the next day it will not shift out of

Customer Question

i park my 1999 xk8 the next day it will not shift out of park, sometime it will go in rev.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: like i said one day it shift fine the next it will not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes iam a retrier ase tech, last year, now i start building pro stock import's
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: right now i don't want to damage anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: it sat for t6hree year .i drain the fuel re place thepump reg, trying to pass smog test
JA: Our top Jaguar Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Jaguar Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Jaguar Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Is the P lite up on the shifter? Are your brake lights working? If you depress the manual release will it move?