Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My car continues to run even after I have turned the

Customer Question

My car continues to run even after I have turned the ignition switch off and the key is out of the ignition. The the power windows will not work but the engine is still on and will not cut off.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A brand new battery was installed and it started up just fine, as well as shut off. When I tried to start up the car with the newly installed battery, it wouldn't start. I boosted the car off with a battery starter and now it will not shut off even when the key has turned the ignition switch off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

We may have a problem with the ignition switch. First I recommend we look for any signs of water in the trunk. Also look for a small white connector that is not plugged into anything. This was connected to a transit device installed on the vehicle from the factory. If this connector or wiring is damaged it can cause this problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the connector or wire located?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It will be near the battery. It is a small white connector end.