Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

My key is locked in my trunk. I opened the door, but my

Customer Question

My key is locked in my trunk. I opened the door, but my alarm is still on and unlock remote will not work
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: this is a 2006 Jaguar XJ8L. I opened the trunk to get some stuff out and I must have laid my key down in the trunk. I used a cloth hanger to open the door. The alarm went off and I can't unlock the truck with the remote on the dash.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: went to a lock smith to have a key cut off the VIN number, but they told me I have to got dealer. Can't find a dealer close y.
JA: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: Only a monster in my
JA: Our top Jaguar Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Jaguar Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Jaguar Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately we only have a couple of options. Since a dealer is not close by you we can try folding down the rear seats. There is a plastic carrier where the harness goes into the trunk. We can try and pop that off and push through the panel to try and retrieve the keys. First we need to remove the cushion. There are four levers two on each side where you move the black release then the cushion will come out. You will then see straps. Pull on them and then fold down the swat from the top.