Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2001 XKR Conv w/ 68K. Just purchased it a few

Customer Question

I have a 2001 XKR Conv w/ 68K. Just purchased it a few months ago. Was running fine, but moved it out of the garage for a bit, then when I tried to move it back in, It just cranks, but won't fire.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have tried the various solutions for a flooded engine, and have had the battery checked, it is fine.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: Not necessarily fix it myself. But if it is something simple, between my husband and myself we can likely do it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hello.

Yes it does sound like it is flooded since it was started and shut right off. There are a few things we can try. We can try holding your foot on the gas and rapidly pump the gas pedal whole cranking the engine. If you do this we need to keep a booster on the battery. We can also remove the spark.plug and put a cap full of engine oil into each cylinder. Clean off the plugs and reinstall them.

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Let me know