peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

On a 1993 Jag xj6, how do you separate the soft fuel tank

Customer Question

On a 1993 Jag xj6, how do you separate the soft fuel tank fuel line from the hard line at the rear of the car? If this line is a quick disconnect, it takes a tool I don't have to disconnect the two lines. I have the soft line disconnected from the tank, now I want to separate the soft line from the hard line. Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually this does take a quick disconnect tool made to fit your model here.Usually you can speak to a parts store and tell them what you need and they will have it on hand or can order it in (most of the time they have it on hand) to then disconnect the lines.You want to make sure you blow out any dirt or debris from the connection in order to use the tool to disconnect the lines.If you want a specific tool number let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Pete, I figured out how the line releases late yesterday afternoon. There's no special release tool for this line, or at least I couldn't find one made for it.

That is great to hear.In some cases depending on the line a special release tool is needed.Make sure it isnt damaged in any way so it reinstalls and seals properly when you reconnect it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete