Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Ronnie...Thought I sent you ....Regarding my 1995 Jag

Customer Question

Hi Ronnie...Thought I sent you a follow up....Regarding my 1995 Jag convertible top question. The car came from a lifetime in Florida....Is it possible the cold winter here had any effect on the mechanics of the top. Your answer suggested a fuse problem...Just can't understand how the top worked fine in Dec and would not work in March. It was driven several rimes and had to be jump started. Could that mess up the software?? I don't have the expertise or equipment to check power in the system. Guess it's off to dealer. Should I go to the dealer or someone who specializes in convertible tops ???? I can't imagine its not something simple. thanks....Ted
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Having to jump start is should not have caused an problems with programming, My previous answer suggested you check the power supply as well as power in and out of the switch. Have you done that, if not that should be your first step.