Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I HAVE AN EARLY 2000 XK8 JAGUAR AND NEED TO REPLACE FUEL

Customer Question

i HAVE AN EARLY 2000 XK8 JAGUAR AND NEED TO REPLACE FUEL PUMP.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i CANNOT FIND ACCESS TO FUEL LINES UNDER THE CAR
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: THE TANK IS READY TO REMOVE, EXCEPT FUEL LINES ARE STILL CONNECTED.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: THERE IS NO VISIBLAE ACCES FROM UNDER THE CAR
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Jaguar Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

You are correct that the fuel lines need to be removed from underneath the vehicle before the tank is removed. The lines are tricky and are located right above the rear differential/frame. A quick connect tool is needed to remove the lines. I will send over the procedure.