Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Just bought a lh drive 2004 x-type and a bit worried about a

Customer Question

Just bought a lh drive 2004 x-type and a bit worried about a squeaky
Steering and some vibes when stationary. My wife thinks it is a rough ride compared with previous xj 6 models.
Is it likely that there is an accident repair, even though the Carfax was excellent.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Is the squeak a high pitched noise that sounds like it is right behind the steering wheel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, its more of a rubbing type noise. I've also noticed that there seems to be some over-revving when stationary with the foot brake on at a red light. Rev counter shows 600-700
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mmmmm
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Any warning lights or messages on when you experienced the idle problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights or messages.Richard, so far you have given me nothing after more than 24 hours. I should like to terminate this conversation and get a full refund of any monies your outfit has taken