Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I'm diagnosing my vibration problem at ghway speeds...after

Customer Question

Hi Richard, I'm diagnosing my vibration problem at highway speeds...after changing the driveshaft, I'm still seeing issues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I get a low sounding vibration when reaching 60miles per hour on the highway I have changed tires, rims, struts, tie rods, front axles, brakes, and maybe more but the problem still exist. I think it may be related to the transfer case
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Do you only feel the vibration at 60 mph? Do you feel it in the steering, seat or floor? What year is your X type?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I faintly can feel it at speeds below 55-60mph but the vibration is most apparent over 60mph. I feel it throughout the car (steering, seat, and floor). I have a 2003 X-type with 90,000mi.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

OK I know you stated you had wheel and tires replaced but see if the shop performed a road force balance. I have been seeing lately where new tores may have high road force. This can be caused by the methods tires are stored. Most larger tire shops or dealers will have this type or equipment. The higher the road force the more you will feel a vibration. Let me know. The other possibility is the transfer case or differential. Let me know.