Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

On my 1999 Jaguar XJ8 I can't seem to accelerate

Customer Question

On my 1999 Jaguar XJ8 I can't seem to accelerate backwards or forwards. The computer in the car is telling me it has the following problems: Gearbox fault,Traction control fail,Failsafe engine mode,and stability control fail. The RPM won't go past 1100. The car has 95,000 miles on it can you tell me what is wrong?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ted G. replied 11 months ago.

Without proper computer diagnosis it is hard to say exactly what is wrong with the engine. Just from your symptoms and experience with this vehicle I would suspect a failed throttle position sensor. But there should be codes stored in the engine and ABS computers that will point to the actual failure. A full scan of the computer modules is the first step towards a repair.