Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I disconected the battery and held terminals together top

Customer Question

i disconected the battery and held terminals together top operates correctly. I still have a proiblem with the emergency brake light stays on and the windows gol down but dont come back up like they should what is wrong
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

We will need to reset the windows first. With the engine running and all doors closed lower the windows and hold both switches down for about three seconds. Then raise both Windows and hold the switches up for about three seconds. This will reset the window drop memory.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

For the parking brake make sure the lever is not stuck. If it lifts easily then it is partially applied.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not stuck did what you said light still on was ok till the battery was replaced
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

OK the switch on the parking brake lever can be faulty. We can try disconnecting it to see if the warning goes out. Also make sure it may not be partially applied. If you feel no resistance when lifting the handle then it is partially applied. We will need to pull it up then press the button and lower the handle to release the brake. Also check the brake fluid level as that can also cause the light to come on but is usually accompanied by a message in the message center on the cluster saying low brake fluid. Let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
where is the parking brake switch
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

It is on the parking brake lever.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got to go off but when I am driving it keeps coming on
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

OK most likely a bad connection or micro switch in the park brake.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wow now check engine light just came on
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Ok I do not think this is related. Stop by your local parts store to see if we can scan the vehicle for the stored fault codes. See if you can get me the four digit code number.