Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2001 jaguaar xk8 convertiable replaced the battery

Customer Question

i have a 2001 jaguaar xk8 convertiable replaced the battery and top would not go up or down i disconected the cables held them together for 45 seconds hooked them back up top goes up and down but by emergency brake light is on and the windows dont operate correctly
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem with the windows may be caused by them having lost programming during the battery reset. Try performing the Power Window Initialization Procedure. To reset, hold down button until window is down then an extra five seconds, you should here a click from the door module. Then raise window all the way up and continue to hold up button for an extra five seconds. This should reset them.