EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Key has stopped working in the ignition switch on my 2002 x

Customer Question

key has stopped working in the ignition switch on my 2002 x type . How do I remove the ignition switch?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: locksmith is here and trying to make a new key but the key he made is now stuck in the ignition so I need to remove the ignition switch and replace it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I hope I can since the lock guy cant seem to make a key and cant get the key he made out of the ignition
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: i haven't tried anything since the locksmith is still out there trying to get his key out of my ignition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I just came online and saw your question. Do you still need help removing the lock cylinder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because I have never gotten an answer yet
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. First you need to remove the drivers airbag and then the steering wheel. Then the turn signal switch needs to be removed. Then the lock cylinder can be removed. CLICK HERE for lock cylinder instructions.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response. Please let me know if you need more info and please rate my service. Thanks.