Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Jaguar 94 xjs. when I try to charge my battery, I get a loud

Customer Question

jaguar 94 xjs. when I try to charge my battery, I get a loud noise and when i turn the key, I get a check engine message FF47. what's happening?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Doc. Jaguar replied 1 year ago.

Is this with the battery charger conneted to the car and charging? Or after you have charged the battery, removed the charger and turn the key on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the charger charging

most battery chargers release a small amount of AC voltage unless you spend over $500.00 bucks. Causing all types of problems. I would recomend removing the negative cable charge your battery then reconnect and start. The 1994 jag XJS and XJ6 are very vulnerable to ECU damage if the vehicle sees AC voltage. I know it sounds strang but try it and let me know. I hope after you get it started the enging idles nomally and not at 2000RPM. As for the FF47 you cant trust that as being a true falt at this time.