Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. When the engine is cold and I am

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2004 Jaguar XJ8. When the engine is cold and I am driving, I enter the last gear at like 50/60 mph, the throttle fluctuates up and down until the engine is warm then it is all ok
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. It is at a Jag expert (so to speak) and he hasn't figured it out
JA: OK! The Jaguar Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should be aware of about your Jaguar?
Customer: No. My car only has 40k miles on it, it's like new
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Your problem is most likely the torque converter slipping. First we would need to. Check the fluid level and condition as we could also have a leak from the pan or cooler pipes. Next the transmission control module will need to be reprogrammed to see if the surge is corrected. Let me know