Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

How do I get my Jaguar s type in neuatrual when it is dead

Customer Question

how do I get my Jaguar s type in neuatrual when it is dead to get it out of my garage? 2005
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2005 jaguar stype that is dead in my garage. I have someone coming to tow it away but I cant get it in neutral to push out of my garage.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

If boosting the battery will not.power up the vehicle enough to get it out of park then pop off the woodgrain surrounding the shifter and on the driver side of the actual shifter body is a small lever. Use a light and you should this this small T lever. You may even see residue of a white grease. Use a long thin screwdriver and move the lever up as you move the shifter out of park. The electronic parking brake may also be applied if the vehicle lost power. Let me know.