peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have an 84 jag xj6 which was rearended & totaled. I have a

Customer Question

I have an 84 jag xj6 which was rearended & totaled. I have a new engine & transmission. 350 with less than three k miles . body was perfect before accident. New seats. What in judgement would be a fair amount from the Insurance company. They are offering $.1500.oo.It was for sale . I was asking $3500. The potential buyer was negotiating.,accident occurred. Can you help me? Thanks.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually an insurance company is going to give you the low market value of the vehicle and in some cases cut it down some depending on the year no matter what condition the vehicle is in as well as what condition or mileage the engine and transmission have.Unfortunately when it is totaled like this here your insurance company will only give you what they think or see that is is worth.The car could be in mint condition never left the show room and it would still only be worth the value they see with their value books or guides they use unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete