Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My radio is not working. ihave power from the / and wires at

Customer Question

My radio is not working. ihave power from the brown/green and white wires at the pins. I read somwhere about the amp and CD player should not be grounded, could you explain. alsAlso i found my security code for the radio in case it was taken out, witch it is out. after putting it back it should ask for the code to be punched in to reset. I have not seen it.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Does the radio turn on but we do not have sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio does not turn on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The radio should at least power up as long as we have power at both brown/green wires and the white wire. We also make sure we have ground ont he black wire. Test the power with a meter and also a test light or bulb to confirm the wire can carry current as well as voltage. The radio itself can be faulty.