Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2000 s type 4.0 ran great until I sprayed down my engine.

Customer Question

2000 s type 4.0 ran great until I sprayed down my engine. Died coming home restarted and died at home. Hasn't started since. Good fuel presure no spark to plugs.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Check to see if we have power to the green/black wire at a cool with the ignition ON. If not check fuse #12 (10 amp) in the engine fuse box. The PCM may have also gotten wet. It is located under the cowl and pollen filter housing. Let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will do.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have never driven a vehicle that handles the way she does. Acceleration and cornering really make her a pleasure to drive. She is my wife's xmas present. And with the traction control I feel comfortable that my wife is safe. Mary loves her she has owned many new cars but this one she named. "Baby Girl". So from one tech to another, I appreciate your knowledge of being familiar with this car. If you lived near I'd have bought you a steak dinner and picked your brain for info. Anyone can buy a shop manual, but I'd rather talk to the person how has had hands on. Thanks you ahead of time because I feel I didn't screw her up to bad
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Glad to hear it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I replace the pcm do I have to bring the car to the dealership to reprogram the computer?