Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

, recently bought a 2000 s type jag, and the gear

Customer Question

Customer: hi richard
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: recently bought a 2000 s type jag, and the gear selector is sticky, reading up on the problem, a particular part is faulty
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Usually your problem is caused by the shifter cable connecting the shifter to the transmission. The cable will most likely need to be replaced. To be sure the cable would need to be popped off on both ends to see if it is binding.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already know that.....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
forget it, this seems a wastes of time
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was charged $31 for this. I hope you can refund this!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further help with this problem. Not sure what more information you are looking for. Let me know.