Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

A jaguar 2003 s type shifter stuck in reverse
, The

Customer Question

Customer: A jaguar 2003 s type shifter stuck in reverse
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The jaguar is in park but the shifter light says its in reverse, and the car wont roll over to start..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jaguar Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Clayso replied 10 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the shifter itself has failed internally. Check and make sure the brake lights are working properly, if the brake lights don't come on with the brakes applied, it's possible the brake lamp switch is the culprit. You may also want to check the shifter cable bracket at the transmission for loose or missing bolts. If the brake lights work properly and the shifter cable bracket is secure the shifter assembly is at fault and will need to be replaced.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.