Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar question. 2006 XJ8, I have a driver side outside

Customer Question

For Richard - Jaguar question.
For my 2006 XJ8, I have a driver side outside headlight (low beam) that flashes a couple of times when the headlights are turned on. Is this a sign of a bad bulb or or a ballast problem?
I also tried to remove the back cover from the headlight and there is no room to pull it back enough to remove the cover. Is there some trick to it?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That cover is a little difficult to remove. I can wiggle it up and out usually but that is because I have done it quite a few times. You can remove the front of the wheel well to disengage the lower retainer which will help in removing the cover. Yes it does sound like it may be a ballast problem but try replacing the bulb first since the bulb and ignitor is one piece.