Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2005 s type won't start after rain

Customer Question

2005 s type won't start after rain
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How f**king long does this take. I'm dead in the water here.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. Is the engine cranking but not starting or not even cranking? If not cranking does the vehicle power up normally when you turn the ignition ON and will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dammit, it just started. What is the cause?.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me what causes this everytime it rains? It cranks fine but won't turn over.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I have seen instances where there is water ingress in the trunk. Look in the spare tire well to see if there are signs of water. Water may be entering the rear fuse box causing the problem. Let m know.