Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2000 Jaguar Stype V8 and I Code P1260 and the theft

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Dani I have a 2000 Jaguar Stype V8 and I Code P1260 and the theft light is flushing code 15
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no start code P1260
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: the theft light flashes code 15 yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P1260 indicates the immobilizer is active. Start first with trying your spare key to see if it will read . If neither key will work then its likely the Instrument Cluster has lost it coding or can't talk to Computer. If that is fact is the case, a Jaguar compatible scan tool will needed to be used to reprogram.