Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2006 Xtype heat works only at gher RPM or while driving but

Customer Question

Customer: 2006 Xtype heat works only at higher RPM or while driving but cools down at idle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Sounds like we may have a partially stuck thermostat or a partially restricted heater core. First we need to check the coolant level and condition. If low then we need to fill it with a 50/50 mix of jag coolant and water. If it is full we need to check flow through the heater core and or try flushing it first. Let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just had oil change done at Firestone and they checked coolant and said it was good
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

OK then it is most likely a partially stuck thermostat or restricted heater core.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately I am not available for a phone conversation at the moment but we can continue here. Let me know.