Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

Jaguar 2001 XK8 problem with security system, car won't

Customer Question

Jaguar 2001 XK8 problem with security system, car won't start. Has new battery. Any suggestions
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say it will not start are you saying it will not crank or dose it crank and just not start. Also have you scanned the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting and if so what are they. Post back with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The car is sitting in my garage at home. It was running great when I parked it. During the winter I don't drive the car except to keep the battery charged and the tires round. The battery went dead. I replaced the battery and the car turns over just fine, it simply won't start. I had same problem last winter when car was stored at a facility that disconnected the battery while car was in storage. Original question tells you what I did to try to disarm security system. I can't scan computer system at my home.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

If you have had this problem before then what did yo have to do the last time to reset it? Has that been tried. Are you sure the keys have not lost there programming?