Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2000 Jaguar Xk8 - When headlights are in the Auto Mode, I t

Customer Question

2000 Jaguar Xk8 -
When headlights are in the Auto Mode, I hit the turn signal and the headlights go off.
When lights in normal on mode, I hit the turn signal and all is fine.
So... problem is only when in Auto mode and turn signals are activated - could this be a relay and which one? Sounds like I hear some clicking in the Engine compartment when testing this out in the Garage.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Does the problem occur for both left and right? Does it occur if you press the hazard switch?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok - just went and checked again. In auto mode, hazards on, lights are fine, does not occur.In Auto lights on, left turn signal blinks 1 or 2 time, headlights lights shut off, turn signal off, lights sometimes come on sometimes stay they stay off.
In Auto modes, right turn signal sometimes turns headlights off. Sometimes headlights come back on sometimes stay off.Can hear click under the hood, sounds like a relay tripping as normal I would expect.Problem is only when headlights are in Auto Mode - stalk twisted all the way to auto position (furthest)I am having some trouble with passwords and email addresses with this just answer system
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

This sounds like we may have a switch problem. I was originally thinking wiring or a ground but since the problem does not occur when using the hazards it is most likely the switch. The relay you are hearing is the headlight relay which is relay number 5 in that engine fuse box.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
vin number Jag Vin# ***** -- what switch do I need?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - Can you advise part number of switch?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

The part number should be LNC6455AA