Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a jaguar s-type 2001 clean title. the car has been

Customer Question

I have a jaguar s-type 2001 clean title. the car has been taken care of. I had oil change on her yesterday, and this morning, I saw the " cat system fault" message on my dash along with check engine light flashing !!!!!!! I donot know whether it is safe to drive the car for about fourty miles or not since I need to give my cousin a ride. Thanking for your advice .
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Usually when the engine light is flashing the engine is severely misfiring and it really should not be driven. We may have a problem with one or more ignition coils as I see this on your vehicle. Sometimes oil from.leaking valve covers can drop onto the coils. The CATS fault indicates a problem with the adaptive suspension. Could be a shock or sensor. I have also seen instances of water or corrosion on the module which is in the trunk in the spare tire wheel well. Let me know.