rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Jaq won,t start. replaced fuel pump ,filter.pressure

Customer Question

jaq won,t start. replaced fuel pump ,filter.pressure regulators & coil
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, so if you're getting adequate fuel and spark, you need to check compression and check for a jumped timing chain.

Thanks, Ron