Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2002 Jaguar XJ Sport that is in perfect running

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2002 Jaguar XJ Sport that is in perfect running condition. I have been traveling and left the car in my garage for two months without starting it. The battery ran down, but it is now fully charged. The starter turns over but no activity from the engine. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. The battery has run down before and the car has always started right up once charged. Now nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these and see which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause. It would also be helpful if you can scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.