Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2003 X type. Having problems with overheating.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 X type. Having problems with overheating. Mechanic is quoting me $1,800 for replacement of complete fan assembly, radiator, thermostat and miscellaneous items. He is telling me that the fan assembly alone via OEM provider runs close to $900. I have researched online and see where fan assembly replacement is coming in about $200 from non-OEM suppliers. Can you explain the difference and if the price quote is reasonable? Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

The fan new from Jag comes complete with both motors and the module. An updated harness is also needed which it is why the part is costly. As far as the aftermarket ones some do not come with the module and I have seen these fail soon after replacing them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the overall quote seems reasonable for replacement of all the items mentioned?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately yes if new factory parts are being used.