Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2001 XJ8. On occasion I will get a check rear

Customer Question

I have a 2001 XJ8. On occasion I will get a check rear lights message. Both rear running lights are not lit upon checking. I shut the ignition switch off and restart the car and the lights are back on. All is fine until sometime days later and it will occur again with the same sequence to fix it. What is going on or failing?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the real lights can be caused by any of the following,

• Defective Body Processor Module
  • Defective Headlight Switch
  • Open Headlight Switch Wiring

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Tail%20light%20Dec%2031.pdf