Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Looking XK8 interior lights

Customer Question

looking for fuse for 2002 XK8 interior lights
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell me what your exact issue is with the interior lights?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Driver side interior door light, floor well, & dome light does not work. Passenger side works fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

The foot well lights actually share the same power source from the body processor module but have different grounds. We should make sure fuse #5 and #7 both 15 amp in the driver side dash fuse boxes are good. Next go right to the driver footwell light connector and see if we have power to the brown/white wire. If we do then see what it reads on the other wire as if we have power to both sides we are missing the ground. Let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I have been out of town for a few days, but checked light in footwell and no power.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Ok if there is no power there and the passenger side works then there is a wiring problem like a bad splice joint. Take a jumper wire from the brown/white on the passenger side to the brown/white on the driver side and see if the light works.