Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2003 jag Xkr no ignition lights coming on no turnover,

Customer Question

2003 jag Xkr no ignition lights coming on no turnover, nothing. Light work, riff, radio, windows, nothing else.
Charged battery, checked all fuses, all ok.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will I get an answer soon as working on the car now. Got the impression it was quick.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can see your time is 03.05 does this mean being in the UK I will not get an answer soon?
JUst thinking I may be expecting too much from your site, I thought experts were ready to go and still no one has answered me.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

So the cluster does not power up at all when you turn the ignition ON? Is the P illuminated on the shifter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No its not
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when you turn the key fully to start the engine I get messages if I hold the key in that position
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
any ideas?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Just turn the ignition to the ON position and tell me if anything shows and also if anything is I'll united on the shifter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is this on top of the £20+ ive already spent?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

As of right now there should not be any additional charges unless requested by you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im not sure I trust this site and very wary about being charged over the top, I left a deposit in good faith but am not yet sure just how much its going to cost me, total £13?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I do not handle the billing part of the site. Yes as of right now you just have the deposit which the site charged you holding it in an account. If you would like to continue with the problem let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm still not confident of the cost, is the telephone call going to cost in total £13?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately I am.not available for a phone call at the moment but if you did request that then yes it is an additional charge.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bit fed up with this you cant help via email and you cant tell me how much the call will cost and now you tell me that you cant do the telephone call anyways.Not satisfied at all, will take my business else where. I was only trying to get an idea of cost...
Take it my deposit will be refunded.