Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My problem is that my sat nav isn't working right sometimes

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** hi my problem is that my sat nav isn't working right sometimes it only shows disc can't be read other times it shows map but i can use it to go anywhere cos it does'nt recognize destination also when i put car into reverse it shows a blue screen only
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 2009 jaguar xf both problems started at the same time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Based on your description I suspect the problem is with the nav module which is the component on the trunk that reads the disc. Before replacing it we should try another disc set. This should be available at your local dealer or you should be able to find then online. Eject yours and look closely for any signs of damage. The screen blanking out in reverse may be related bit if your vehicle is fitted with a back up camera the camera could be bad or a problem with the wiring harness in the trunk. Let me know.