AMEDEE
AMEDEE, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  ASE TECH WITH L1 CERTIFICATION
279429

I have a 2005 Jaguar X Type wagon. I am installing a Pioneer

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Jaguar X Type wagon. I am installing a Pioneer NEX 5100 stereo with navigation. The installation requires me to connect to the "Vehicle Speed Sensor" ? Can you provide the location and color of the wire I can slice into?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I am not sure which side or wire you need to connect to for sure but you should have an orange wire and a black wire at a two wire connector at the speed sensor on the transmission and these are the two wires for the speed sensor signal.If you need help locating the position of the sensor let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, i was looking for a connection near the dash or cabin vs the engine compartment, does the speed sensor wire route to the dash or cabin of the vehicle? If not then I will need help in locating the speed sensor wire on the transmission.

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing what location this wiring runs to or which is the sensor signal wire.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. Different Expert here. On this vehicle, the vehicle speed sensor is the same as the transmission output speed sensor. It is located on/in the transmission and is wired directly to the Transmission Control Module which is located by the lower left A pillar. The sensor has two wires going to it. Black and Orange. The black wire is the ground and the orange wire is the signal wire. This is the wire you are going to want to tap into for your navigation. I have attached a wiring diagram below. The TCM is on the right of the diagram and the output shaft speed sensor is on the bottom of the diagram.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I do hope this helps! If so, please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions?

Let me know!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You stated that the Transmission control module is located by the lower left A pillar. By lower left A pillar do you mean (USA) driver side in the cabin or passenger side in the cabin? Also how to access the TCM in the cabin, would I need to remove it to gain access to the connector? In the event I cannot access the TCM orange wire in the cabin, where is the orange wire connected on the transmission - would it be more accessible to splice and connect?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! The left A pillar is under the hood. It is the left strut tower. YES, this wire should run from the TCM to the Transmission. You can access it at the transmission or anywhere between the TCM and transmission.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

.