Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I"m ***** ***** we have a 2001 jag xj8 lwb and we have 3

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Richard, I"m ***** ***** we have a 2001 jag xj8 lwb and we have 3 issues:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1 cant enter fob remote setup you know flash head lights 5 times... ours just wont give the chirp at the end of the pocedure 2, catist mon wont complete drive cycle for smog 3 cant get out of valent mode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: k
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

So you are holding the headlamp stalk to high beam then turning the ignition to position 1 then are flashing it. The vehicle is not giving you the confirmation tone? The vehicle is currently in Valet?