Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My name is ***** ***** I drove a 2001 Jaguar X 2.5 to an

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Richard my name is ***** ***** I drove a 2001 Jaguar X 2.5 to an auction this morning ran and drove fine. When you start out from a dead stop under hard acceleration it bogs right down as if its getting no gas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Has engine code 333 on for a kock sensor I drove it 40 miles this AM but I never really got on the gas hard this issue occurs only under hard acceleration
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Are any warning lights or messages on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Check engine light code 333
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

OK we will need to replace the sensor as this will cause the problem. There is only one located under the lower intake manifold. When having the sensor replaced I would also recommend installing all new intake seals. The knock sensor connector is a two wire connector clipped under the throttle.

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I can send over the info if you would like.