Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Jaguar Mechanic
Experience:  Import Training, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a jaguar 2002 S-type. The engine light is flashing.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a jaguar 2002 S-type. The engine light is flashing. Is it ok to drive until I can have it looked at?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its my daughter's car and I recently had it in the shop and it was one cylinder misfiring She is on her way back home and the engine light is flashing. Is ok for her to keep driving it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long is the wait and do you answer or am I waiting for someone else to answer
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF there is no noticeable engine noises or exhaust smell & it runs good, yes, it should be good until you can get it in at your earliest conveinence.
It would be best to have the Vehicle Scanned for Trouble Codes if you are a few days from taking to shop
Many Auto Parts Stores will Scan for FREE & give you the findings, so you will have some insight as to the problem

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

.
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.