Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I am shopping Land Rover HSE daughter. I've heard how LR

Customer Question

I am shopping for a Land Rover HSE for my daughter. I've heard how LR are unreliable and expensive to fix. What kind of problems are typical with a vehicle with 80-100k miles? What are the approximate costs to repair. How reliable is the drive train, fuel system and suspension?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you give me the year range you are looking at?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2006-09
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

OK as far as I ability for the 2006-2009 full size Range Rover it is not as bad as people think. Overall they are pretty strong but yes are very costly to maintain and repair. The main issues we see is with the air suspension at high mileage. They air shocks leak and other components fail. As far as the power train and chassis they are pretty strong with not many issues provided the vehicle has been properly maintained. Of course due to all the electronics on these vehicle electrical issues can arise.