Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Similar to this article posted on your site: Jaguar XJ8: Im

Customer Question

Customer: Similar to this article posted on your site: Jaguar XJ8: Im working on a 2004 XJ8 4.2L. Vehicle came Resolved Question: Hi Im working on a 2004 XJ8 4.2L. Vehicle came in for a crank no start. Fault code P1338 for Fuel pump circuit input, P0101 for Mass air flow sensor and P0480 for Cooling fan 1 control circuit. Cluster has fault B2879 for fuel tank jet pump. REM has P1235 Fuel pump control out of range, P0231 Fuel pump secondary circuit along with many light faults and one communications bus fault. We have many faults in almost all control units. Found no fuel pressure and no power going to the pump. We see that the rear relay box has the fuel pump relay soldered onto it which send power through the REM. In testing it seems both units have failed. I find no power on the Brown (N) wire from the rear fuse box to the REM. When we supply power to it the fuel pump still doesn't not run. We can put power on the Yellow wire and ground the Red wire and the fuel pump runs but the engine will not start. Any advise?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/jaguar/98ttf-jaguar-xj8-working-2004-xj8-4-2l-vehicle.html#ixzz3uV6R1OZD
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No dealer in Toledo area. Local foreign mechanic found yje P1338 code that he cannot get rid of. Sound he go thru all these electrical tests or just replace fuel pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can I have the VIN of the vehicle?