Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I am having trouble filling my gas tank on my XJ8. I can get

Customer Question

I am having trouble filling my gas tank on my XJ8. I can get a dribble in and it backs up. I have cleaned the filler tube and ran a coat hanger down as far as the tank and there doesn't seem to be anything blocking it.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

If you are having difficulty fueling the vehicle where the nozzle clicks off this is usually caused by a restriction int he system. It could be a clogged canister or a partially clogged canister valve. This valve is located on the passenger side canister underneath your vehicle just in front of the tire. It is held by a T30 torx screw. We can remove the valve and tap on it to see if it is clogged with debris and may be sticking.