Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I've put 10 litres of petrol in my XF 2.7D. Filled it up

Customer Question

Customer: I've put 10 litres of petrol in my XF 2.7D. Filled it up with diesel (about 65 litres) and it seems to run as well as ever. Are there going to be problems ahead?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I reckon there are 10 litres of petrol in my 2008 XF and I brimmed the tank with diesel. Have driven about 30 miles since.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jaguar Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Am in UK.....
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Yes unfortunately there may be issues as Jag recommends a lot of the fuel system to be replaced if the engine is ran with petrol. Since majority of the fuel is diesel this may have been enough to prevent the damage. At minimum the fuel should be drained and the system flushed out to make sure the system is not contaminated. Let me know.