Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I got a Jaguar XF 2009 from the dealer I have the extended

Customer Question

I got a Jaguar XF 2009 from the dealer I have the extended warranty with jaguar,,,picked up car May 10 2015...July transmission stuck shut car off it corrected itself,,,3 months later 02 sensor and 2 coil packs went bad, now tranny is no good there talking about putting another in, price 10k parts and labor,,,if the warranty adjuster approve it, or they will put me n another car I'm still paying for this one,,,I need the answer to this,: what the best option from what I'm seeing they sold me a lemon and I put 13,800.00 down I'm covered with my warranty parts and labor
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Can I have the VIN on your vehicle?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Vin# *****
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I looked through the warranty history on this vehicle and nothing really raised many red flags. It has low mileage so I am surprised you are having all these issues. As long as you have the warranty I would not worry too much but I can tell you that the 2009 XF does hve some electrical issues that may arise int he near future. If the dealer is willing to trade you out of this vehicle and into another this may be better. Let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your response I had spoke to the corporate office in New Jersey that was the other option if the tranny wasn't going to be fixed.. I rather get something else because I don't trust the car to take on a long trip to many issues since I had it..
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

May be a wise choice. If you like the XF the 2010 and up are much improved.